Aloha mai kākou!Welcome to the fall 2022 semester. We continue to have the following policies in place to ensure the Sullivan Family Library is safe for our entire Chaminade campus.
- Sanitation stations are located throughout the library with disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer for your personal use.
- Books undergo a 3-day quarantine as part of our mission to reduce the spread of COVID-19. If you see a book is available in our catalog but it is not on the shelves, visit our Circulation Desk to see if the book is undergoing quarantine.
- If you are unable to physically visit the library but need assistance with reference or need to renew a checkout, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information on Coronavirus, visit https://chaminade.edu/coronavirus/.
Fall Library Hours
Monday to Thursday
8:15 AM to 11:00 PM
8:15 AM to 11:00 PM
8:15 AM to 6:00 PM
11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Location of the Library
The Sullivan Family Library is located between the 2nd and 3rd roads of the Chaminade campus, next to Eiben Hall. The entrance to the library is located on the 2nd floor and elevator assistance is available for individuals needing accommodation. Please call the library main line at (808) 735-4725 and someone will assist you with the elevators. (Click on the map below to expand).
Services at the Library
We hope to make use of library materials as easy as possible and our friendly circulation staff is available to make sure you are able to borrow library materials with ease. Some things to remember:
- Your current, validated Chaminade ID card is required for borrowing. Get your ID by bringing a photo ID to the Client Services Office (2nd road, Sullivan Family Library 101) and be sure to update your validation sticker every semester.
- New library users will need to show proof of Chaminade affiliation (e.g. current CUH ID) and complete a short application form.
- Most of the general collection can be checked out. Some materials are restricted to library use (Hawaiian/Pacific collection, magazines, newspapers, etc.). See the loan page for more information.
We have rooms available for academic group study or Chaminade affiliated functions. Please note:
- Group rooms accommodate 2-5 people.
- Valid, current Chaminade ID is required to check out rooms.
- Rooms are available on first come, first serve basis.
- Use limit is 3 hours ($5 fine per hour will be charged if you go over).
- See a list of our complete Study Room Rules here.
If you forgot your device at home or find yourself needing a laptop, the library has a collection of laptops available to lend to Chaminade students, faculty, and staff. Our policies can be found here but please remember, laptops are for library use, only!
Our librarians work to create a comprehensive collection to support your academic, research, and recreational needs. At the Sullivan Family Library, you will find not only books and eBooks but also scholarly journals, popular magazines, current and historic newspapers, DVDs, etc.
Librarian and Assistance
Research librarians are available to assist the students, faculty, and staff of Chaminade University with their research and informational needs. For research help, please email email@example.com or contact your department liaison librarian for specialized assistance:
Valerie Coleman (808) 739-4661
Krystal Kakimoto (808) 739-8521
Hawaii/Pacific, Nursing, Community & Public Health
Sharon LePage (808) 440-4263
Natural Sciences, Mathematics
Lynette Teruya (808) 735-4860
Behavioral Sciences, Business & Communication
LibGuides are created by librarians to organize and share library resources with users. They contain information, resources, and links relevant to courses offered at Chaminade University. Here is a link to all of the current Library Research Guides available.
The Sullivan Family Library also hosts its own blog with information about the library, the collection, exhibits/displays, and anything of interest our librarians want to share with you. The blog can be found at: http://sullivanfamilylibrary.blogspot.com/.
We hope that you feel more comfortable with the library after reading this blog post but if you have any more questions or want to get in touch with us, below is our contact information:
Sullivan Family Library
Chaminade University of Honolulu
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI, USA 96816
PH: (808) 735-4725
FAX: (808) 735-4891
For more information, visit our website: https://chaminade.edu/sullivan-library/.