On Monday, Sept. 5, the library will be closed in observance of Labor Day. It will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 8:15 AM.
Thursday, September 1, 2022
Monday, August 22, 2022
Aloha mai kākou!Welcome to the fall 2022 semester. We continue to have the following policies in place to ensure the Sullivan Family Library is safe for our entire Chaminade campus.
- Sanitation stations are located throughout the library with disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer for your personal use.
- Books undergo a 3-day quarantine as part of our mission to reduce the spread of COVID-19. If you see a book is available in our catalog but it is not on the shelves, visit our Circulation Desk to see if the book is undergoing quarantine.
- If you are unable to physically visit the library but need assistance with reference or need to renew a checkout, please email email@example.com for assistance.
8:15 AM to 11:00 PM
Location of the Library
The Sullivan Family Library is located between the 2nd and 3rd roads of the Chaminade campus, next to Eiben Hall. The entrance to the library is located on the 2nd floor and elevator assistance is available for individuals needing accommodation. Please call the library main line at (808) 735-4725 and someone will assist you with the elevators. (Click on the map below to expand).
Services at the Library
We hope to make use of library materials as easy as possible and our friendly circulation staff is available to make sure you are able to borrow library materials with ease. Some things to remember:
- Your current, validated Chaminade ID card is required for borrowing. Get your ID by bringing a photo ID to the Client Services Office (2nd road, Sullivan Family Library 101) and be sure to update your validation sticker every semester.
- New library users will need to show proof of Chaminade affiliation (e.g. current CUH ID) and complete a short application form.
- Most of the general collection can be checked out. Some materials are restricted to library use (Hawaiian/Pacific collection, magazines, newspapers, etc.). See the loan page for more information.
We have rooms available for academic group study or Chaminade affiliated functions. Please note:
- Group rooms accommodate 2-5 people.
- Valid, current Chaminade ID is required to check out rooms.
- Rooms are available on first come, first serve basis.
- Use limit is 3 hours ($5 fine per hour will be charged if you go over).
- See a list of our complete Study Room Rules here.
If you forgot your device at home or find yourself needing a laptop, the library has a collection of laptops available to lend to Chaminade students, faculty, and staff. Our policies can be found here but please remember, laptops are for library use, only!
Our librarians work to create a comprehensive collection to support your academic, research, and recreational needs. At the Sullivan Family Library, you will find not only books and eBooks but also scholarly journals, popular magazines, current and historic newspapers, DVDs, etc.
Librarian and Assistance
Research librarians are available to assist the students, faculty, and staff of Chaminade University with their research and informational needs. For research help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your department liaison librarian for specialized assistance:
LibGuides are created by librarians to organize and share library resources with users. They contain information, resources, and links relevant to courses offered at Chaminade University. Here is a link to all of the current Library Research Guides available.
The Sullivan Family Library also hosts its own blog with information about the library, the collection, exhibits/displays, and anything of interest our librarians want to share with you. The blog can be found at: http://sullivanfamilylibrary.blogspot.com/.
We hope that you feel more comfortable with the library after reading this blog post but if you have any more questions or want to get in touch with us, below is our contact information:
For more information, visit our website: https://chaminade.edu/sullivan-library/.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Begins Monday, August 22 through December 9 (Friday)
Closed on the following holidays:Labor Day Monday, September 5Discoverers' Day Monday, October 10Veteran's Day Friday, November 11Thanksgiving Thursday/Friday, November 24 - 25
Tuesday, August 9, 2022
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) Global is now available:
Friday, August 5, 2022
If you are on campus and are having issues accessing some of the library online databases, please contact the library to let us know. We are currently working to resolve the issue.
You can reach us at (808) 735-4725 or email us at email@example.com
Friday, July 1, 2022
In observance of Independence Day, the library will be closed on Monday, July 4. It will re-open on Tuesday, July 5 at 9AM.
Friday, June 17, 2022
In observance of Juneteenth, the library will be closed on Monday, June 20th. It will re-open on Tuesday, June 21 at 9:00AM.
Thursday, June 9, 2022
In observance of King Kamehameha Day, the library will be closed on Friday, June 10. The library will re-open on Saturday, June 11 at 11 AM.
Monday, May 9, 2022
Beginning Monday, May 9, 2022